THE MOON AND THE TURTLE

In Japanese, to speak about two opposite things, one says "different as the moon and a turtle". France Would be a turtle if Japan was the moon...

April 30, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to the non-French readers on this new version of my blog.

I decided to create an English version for two reasons:

First, because one of my friends said it would be nice. And I thought he was right. And I like to make my friends happy, I’m a kind of modern Cinderella.

Second, and certainly the most important reason: because after having spent 7 months in Japan, hearing almost only Japanese, speaking most of the time Japanese, I realized that two terrible things were happening: on the one hand, I'm forgetting some basic French words and on the other hand, my English level is becoming very very poor. About French language, that’s not such a big deal: my interlocutors are always very patient and I have occasions to speak and write French. But as far as English is concerned, that’s another story.

Going regularly to the cinema to watch American movies would be a good idea if theatres in Japan weren’t so expensive and if I were a Hollywood fan. I can’t afford paying a private teacher and I don’t have time to meet my American friends every day. So please, help me, you, who speaks English so well. Don’t be shy and don't hesitate through your comments to correct my grammar, vocabulary, sentence, tenses mistakes and you will get all my gratitude. In compensation, I’ll try not to make too many mistakes and to show you all the great things I see in Japan.

2 Comments:

At May 06, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Marie,

I'm happy you've decided to make this blog; I feel guilty for not knowing other languages, but your command of English has made my time in Japan much easier. I'll be happy to help you keep your English up-to-date through the blog.

Also, I really like your title!

Thanks for sharing.

Shannon

 
At May 07, 2006 11:39 AM, Blogger Marjete said...

Thank you Shannon :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home